Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you when you visit one of our stores, use our Websites (“Websites”), or use our web or mobile device applications (“Mobile Apps”) or if you communicate with us by phone, e-mail and social media. We refer to our Websites and Apps collectively as “Online Services”.
The types of personal information we collect includes:
· Personal details such as your name, address, date of birth, email address, phone number and other contact information Transaction information, such as the product you purchased, its price, your method of payment and your payment details.
· Information about you like your employment details, financial position and information taken from identification documents like your passport or driving licence when we review your application for insurance or loans offered by selected third parties partners
· Your account information – such as dates of payments owed and received, the subscription services you use or any other information related to your account
· The date and time of the calls and messages you send or receive through our network, and your location at the time these communications take place.
When you’re online the information we collect includes:
· Account information, like your username, password, and other identifiers or credentials you use to access our online services or to buy our products and services, details of your shopping preferences, such as your favourite brands and products, as well as which of our stores you prefer to shop in
· Details of your visits to the Website, in-store WIFI or App and the resources that you access. Examples include ads that you click, device information and your location
· IP address and cookie data
· Information that you provide in your dealings with us. This includes when you register to use our online services, or when you subscribe to our services or request further services and/or information from us.
How we use your Information
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data. These are set out below.
When we’re required to enter into a contract with you
· We use your personal information to process your orders and payments or to give you a refund.
Where you have provided consent
We use email and text messages to communicate with you about our products and services, competitions, offers, promotions or special events where you tick a box.
· To provide a free mobile phone upgrade reminder service to inform you when a product is back in stock
· To send you a renewal notice
· If you give us permission, to communicate with you about our third party partners that we believe may interest you
Where there is a Legitimate Interest
As a Company we are often required to process your personal data in order to carry out certain tasks relating to our business activities. In such cases, processing of personal data can be justified on grounds of legitimate interest.
- To provide customer support and to respond to, and communicate with you about your requests
- To contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information
- To check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied (e.g. customer surveys).
- For marketing activities (other than where we rely on your consent) e.g. marketing permissions captured during the course of a sale, personalising marketing messages through social media and other third party platforms;
- To send promotional material (e.g. renewals) to you in the post or inform you of our offers by telephone
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request)
- To send communications to you about your orders, purchases or accounts and bill you for using our products or services
- To let you post on our blogs and interact with us through social media.
Who we share your personal information with
Our service providers
We work with partners, suppliers, delivery companies, insurers and agencies so they can process your personal information on our behalf and only where they meet our standards on the processing of data and security. We only share information that helps them provide their services to us or to help them provide their services to you.